Why choose Community Food Membership?
- Our membership gives you access to a regular supply of fresh, nutritious food and store cupboard staples for your charity or community group.
- The food you receive has become surplus before it has even hit a supermarket shelf, which means it will be in-date and ready for you to use. It could be from a food grower, a manufacturer or a retailer’s distribution centre.
- When you sign up you tell us what types of food you need, how much you need and how often you need it. We then tailor your membership accordingly.
- The exact food you receive depends on what food is surplus that week, so you might get some unexpected treats as well as the usual staples!
- Depending on where you are based you may collect your food from us, or we may be able to deliver it to your door.
Falcon Support Services Loughborough
Our annual membership fee
FareShare Midlands is a non-profit charity. To remain sustainable, we charge a nominal fee to cover our operational costs. This includes warehouse space, chillers, administration, maintenance of our delivery vehicles, all fuel costs and any associated staff costs.
Can my organisation receive food?
In order to receive food, your organisation must demonstrate that you are fit to provide a safe food service to your users. That’s why, when you apply to become a Member, we check you are:
- Registered with your local Environmental Health Office (we can support you with this).
- Equipped to safely receive, store, prepare and serve food.
- Hold the IEHO Basic Food Hygiene Course Certificate (or equivalent), which ensures your staff are competent at supervising food handling and preparation and trained to safely handle food (this applies to staff and volunteers).
- Fit to adhere to food safety legislation and current best practice.
However, don't worry, we can help you reach these standards if you are not quite there yet.
New Member Enquiries:
Call: 0116 286 773