The I-CAN employability programme is a six-week blended programme of classroom and work experience based learning to help individuals develop the skills, knowledge and experience they require to enter training and employment in the warehousing and logistics sector.
What you need to join
- Are you over 29?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- Do you want to gain the skills, knowledge and experience to jump start a career in the warehousing and logistics sector?
- Are you able to commit to a six week structured programme?
If you can answer yes to all these questions you can sign up!
How it works
The I-CAN programme runs for 6 weeks and includes:
- Two weeks of classroom based training including focusing on strengths and interests, CV writing and interview techniques , health and safety and food hygiene.
- Four weeks work experience as a warehouse operative in the FareShare warehouse, helping to unload deliveries and store goods, pick and pack and deliver goods.
- Use of our computer suite to search and apply for employment and training opportunities with the support of the employability coach.
- One to one careers advice and guidance.
What you will gain
- The opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and experience in the warehousing and logistics sector.
- Real life work experience to test if warehousing and logistics is the right sector for you, as well as helping you to develop the practical skills and experience hiring managers are looking for.
- One to one careers advice and guidance to help you decide what your strengths and interests are, as well as how to access employment and training opportunities.
- A Level 2 certificate in Food Hygiene
- A Level 2 certificate and Health and Safety
- Travel costs covered
- Free lunch
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided
- Funded support onto further training
2021 Start Dates
17th May (individuals can still sign-up till 1st June) / 28th June / 9th August / 20th September / 1st November
To sign up to the next course, register your interest by filling in the form on this page and we’ll be in touch.