Use of Data
FareShare Midlands uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
FareShare may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
FareShare Midlands will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, approximately 50 months, except, when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Volunteer data collected through online forms will be held for at least three months from the last date of interaction with FareShare.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
FareShare Midlands may also share your data within the FareShare regional network.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal date to outside third parties.
We do reserve the right to release such personal data to provide you with the product or services you have requested within our FareShare network.
Non-personal information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other FareShare use.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, FareShare may be required to disclose your Personal Data to enforce our site policies, protect your rights or the rights of others’ property or safety if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
FareShare Midlands may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of FareShare
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. FareShare aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by calling 0116 286 7735.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete. We will do this within 30 days of your request.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where FareShare relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Consent and Communication
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or phone unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. To change your marketing preferences at any time please contact us at FareShare Midlands, Wilson Road, South Wigston, Leicester, LE18 4TP
or call 0116 286 7735. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Your information will never be shared with a third party.
By signing up to our newsletter you agree to receive regular emails from FareShare Midlands around once a month, and occasional fundraising appeal emails. We will not share your data with any other organisations. Read our full privacy notice.