Reporting to: Warehouse Team Leader, Nottingham
Location: Based at Nottingham, but may be variable across our depots
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5-days standard but Saturday’s will be required on a rota basis.
Flexibility to work Saturdays and provide cover for planned & ad-hoc absences and Bank Holidays is required
Salary: £18,135. 25 day’s holiday / year. 3-month probation period
About FareShare Midlands
We are a high profile charity with investors and stakeholders from varying sectors not least over 500 companies in the food industry and FareShare UK. You will work towards, and achieve, best-in-class team performance and process improvement to ensure the delivery of an excellent service to our regional members.
You will work closely with the FareShare Midlands operations team, to ensure that food is delivered in a timely and accurate way to optimise the service provided from your regional depot.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: “Fighting hunger, fighting waste & making a difference”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
· Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
· Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
· Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
· Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
· Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers.
Undertake duties to ensure effective, efficient, timely and safe food delivery and collection to Community Food Members of FareShare East Midlands which meets the highest standards of compliance. Within this role you will also support the process team in the Nottingham warehouse as required
Main areas of responsibility
· Undertake scheduled deliveries, driving safely and responsibly, ensuring timely delivery and to required specifications
· Ensure correct procedures with every delivery, often using scheduled routes
· Ensuring great customer service in delivery
· Loading and unloading, sorting for and following deliveries, ensuring safe lifting and carrying
· Keep vehicles refuelled, maintained, operational and clean and tidy, ready for the next delivery run
· Refer van “issues”, in a timely manner to Warehouse Team Leader to ensure minimum disruption to service delivery
· Undertake all checks and procedures from pre-delivery to post-delivery
· Ensure lock up, parking and storage of vans and equipment following completion of deliveries
· Occasionally assist in the Warehouse as required, picking products and fulfilling delivery orders
· Undertake duties outside the Midlands Region as the organisation grows
As an employer we are committed to Equal Opportunities
· Experience of driving a 3.5 tonne van
· Experience of multi drop delivering
· Minimum 1 year’s driving experience, with no more than 3 driving license points
· Excellent customer service skills
· Good communication skills
· Punctuality, responsibility and working to deadlines
· Understanding of and working to Health and safety in a warehouse/food delivery/ambient stock environment, including hygiene standards
· Experience of working in a food environment is desirable but not essential
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of and interest in the work of FareShare
· A forklift licence this would also be an advantage
Please submit applications to Lisa Gwilliam by Friday 12th March. Interviews will be held on Friday 19th March 2021.
Start date will be ASAP
You will be entitled to join the Church Workers Pensions Scheme operated by the Diocese of Leicester, subject to the required qualifying criteria. Further details relating to Pensions are available from the Finance Manager.
A letter outlining Pensions arrangements will be provided to you upon starting your employment with FSM. It is essential that you read the letter and inform your Line Manager whether you wish to join the Pension Scheme.
To meet Government requirements, total contributions will be 8.5% with 5.5% paid by the employer and 3.0% paid by the employee. If you remain in the scheme for less than two years’ you may be given the option to transfer the contributions to another scheme.