Full Time Class 2 HGV Driver, South Wigston, Leicester LE18
Salary: £13.50 per hour
Location: South Wigston, Leicester LE18
Contract: Rolling 3 Month Contract
Hours: Full-time - 45 hours/week, 7am – 4pm minus a 30 minute daily unpaid break.
Benefits: 25 days holiday, pro-rata, 5% Employer Pension Contribution including Life Cover, Occupational Sick Pay Benefits & Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave and Pay, plus more
Reporting to: Transport Officer
About FareShare Midlands
FareShare Midlands is the region’s largest food redistribution charity, fighting food poverty and hunger by tackling waste. We source good quality food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute this food to 550 frontline charities such as school breakfast clubs, community centres and organisations supporting those who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated and recovering from addiction. These organisations provide meals and food parcels to more than 35,000 vulnerable people every week. Find out more: https://faresharemidlands.org.uk.
We are looking for a Class 2 HGV Driver to make daily collections from our food partners and deliver to warehouses across the West and East Midlands. This role is most suited to individuals with an aptitude for driving, who have excellent customer service skills combined with a professional attitude as you will be dealing directly with our customers as a representative of FareShare Midlands.
- The successful candidate will work with the Supply Chain Team to collect surplus food from partners and deliver to the right regional centre.
- Provide excellent customer service to food partners in person and by phone, offering a highly professional impression of the charity in a friendly manner.
- Adhere to all laws and working time regulations.
- Support the Supply Chain Team by collecting stock offered from the food industry and delivering it to Regional Centres in a timely fashion, communicating ETAs and delays.
- Maintain records of collections and allocations e.g. provide paperwork and temperature readings to the Regional Centres on delivery.
- Identify any barriers or opportunities and feedback any developments or challenges to the Transport Officer e.g. delays, maintenance concerns, instruction errors, etc.
- Ensure deliveries follow the assigned order, the routes are planned appropriately in the given timescale and all delivery windows are met safely.
- Highlight and respond quickly to any anticipated delays or difficulties, using problem solving skills to mitigate any unforeseen circumstances e.g. taking breaks while queueing or changing the order of collections subject to permission from the Supply Chain Team.
- Ensure the quality of the product delivered is accurate against notes, making detailed visual inspections and flagging any concerns or discrepancies before the vehicle is loaded.
- Strengthen existing relationships by providing a reliable and friendly service.
- Adhere to all health and safety and operational requirements at all times.
- Ensure the vehicle is properly maintained, serviced and cleaned to a high standard.
This position will involve handballing and lifting with the provision of lifting equipment. You may be required to complete other duties as requested to suit the needs of the charity. Occasional work on Saturdays with notice may be required.
- Class 2 UK Driving License
- A valid CPC and digital tachograph card
- Required to undertake heavy lifting
- Health and Safety awareness
- Customer service and communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Able to use a Smart Phone including apps such as What’s App, Sat Nav and E-mail.
- Good Midlands geographic knowledge
- Clean License
- Accredited forklift truck permit (counterbalance)
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please create a supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability and to explain your interest in both the job and FareShare Midlands. Send your supporting statement with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
We particularly welcome applications from people from ethnic minority backgrounds as they are currently under-represented within FareShare Midlands.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 18 July 2022, 12 Midday
Interviews will take place week commencing 25 July 2022